The State Library has a wide and growing range of electronic resources available for use by members and visitors. These include eBooks, online journals, audio books, eMagazines, current and historical newspapers and content services such as Ancestry and Kanopy. Many of these are available from home, and you can sign up for your free State Library membership to get instant access.
You can also access many eResources with your Public Library membership.
View a full listing of all eResources and filter by subject.
You can search by title or keyword.
Different forms of access
Most of these eResources are available for State Library members to use from anywhere with an internet connection. Many are also available to members of WA public libraries via the Western Australia Public Libraries Digital Media Collection.
Some, however, are only available onsite at the State Library. If you are unsure, please visit the Library or contact us for further information.
To access eResources from outside the Library you must:
- Be a Western Australian resident
- Join the State Library
- Read the eResources conditions of use
You may also access certain eResources using a Library card from your local WA Public Library. Contact your local library for more information about available eResources and how to join.
Conditions of use
Use of eResources is governed by the terms of the licence agreements between the publishers and the State Library of Western Australia and users are required to comply with the terms and conditions set out in these agreements.
- Use is permitted for private research or study purposes only and is not permitted for business, commercial or work related purposes.
- Use is for the registered member only and access is not transferable.
- Students may use the eResources at home but schools may not place links to the eResource on school websites for students to use while at the educational institution.
To access tutorials to help you use a number of our most popular eResources, hover over the below image and use the arrows to navigate. To close a video and choose another, click in the top right hand corner of the video.
To see all available videos, go to the tutorials homepage.