Tips for finding useful search results:
- Keywords: Write as many words down that relate to your topic or question. Think laterally. Use the thesaurus for synonyms (words with similar meanings).
- Phrase searching: Use quotation marks " " to keep search terms together. For example, "gold mining" will only find information where the words 'gold' and 'mining' are together.
- NOT - Using the minus sign - in your search box excludes words that you don't want to appear in your search results. For example; gold mining-jewellery, will exclude results with the word jewellery.
- Subject headings: Use the subject headings from the library catalogue to expand your search or find topics that might relate to what you are looking for.
- eResources offer you a wide range of full text articles, images, journals and maps on-line. You can access a host of articles from home using a State Library card.
If you are not a member of the Library - you are missing out. Everything we offer is free including an amazing array of eResources.
Becoming a member of the Library is easy. If you are in the Library just go down to the ground floor and ask one of our friendly staff. You will need some ID. You can also join the library online and we will send you a shiny new membership card in the mail.
Members under the age of 18 require the signature of a parent or guardian - please download the form below.
What is an eResource?
eResources are resources you can access online on your smart phone, tablet or computer. If you are a member of the Library you have access to free eBooks, eMagazines, movies, eAudiobooks – all free!
Getting started with eResources
Library members have access to a wide range of free eResources.