Fun with Fairy Tales
A box of fairy tale props, a digital camera and imagination is all that is needed to have fun with fairy tales.
Revise narrative conventions and work in groups to recreate classic stories. Each group will read a different fairy tale such as: Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, The Three Little Pigs, The Gingerbread Man and Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Students will then identify the main events of that story, carefully recreate each event using their box of props and photograph each scene along the way.
Download the Pre and Post Activity Sheet [PDF] for ideas on how to use students’ photos to design news stories back in the classroom.
Remember to bring your own devices for Fun with Fairy Tales.
- Revise narrative conventions pertaining to fairy tales.
- Identify the main events in a story.
- Work as part of a team to make decisions and solve problems.
- Understand what makes a good photo.
- Use technology in context.
HaSS (English and Technology)
- (ACELT1577), (ACELT1578), (ACELT1831), (ACELY1654), (ACELT1581), (ACELY1656), (ACELT1584), (ACELA1447), (ACELT1832), (ACELA1453), (ACELA1463), (ACELT1590), (ACELT1593), (ACELT1593)
Bookings are essential for all guided school visits. If you would like to book a guided experience for your students, complete a booking request form, call 9427 3202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All guided visits are free of charge.