Queen Elizabeth ll was the first reigning monarch of Australia to travel the country, first visiting WA in 1954, with her last visit in 2011.
She captured the hearts and minds of everyone in our state, with more than 25 000 school children gathered from Fremantle to Guilford when she left Perth for her visit to Albany.
Below we have a gallery of images of Queen Elizabeth ll visiting Western Australia. A video of Queen Elizabeth ll and Prince Philip touring Western Australia in 1954. A list of catalogue items including photos, ephemera and maps relating to all of Queen Elizabeth ll visits to WA.
- Perth decorated for the coronation of Queen Elizabeth, 1952
- Royal visit arrival at Perth Airport, 1954
- The 1954 royal visit to Perth
- Streets decorated for the royal visit to Perth, 1954
- Royal visit arrival at Kalgoorlie, 1954
- Royal visit arrival at Northam, 1954
- Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh driving past a highland pipe band at the Busselton Showgrounds, Western Australia, during the 1954 Royal Tour
- Ceremonial arches decorate St George's Terrace, Perth for the visit of HM Queen Elizabeth II, 3 April 1954
- Perth decorated for the Royal Visit, 1954
- Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip travel through Claremont during their visit to Perth, 18 March 1954
- Royal visitor’s tableau for Flower Day, 1954
- Garden Party at Government House, 1954
- William De Neefe painting 'Governor's Ball for Queen Elizabeth II visit to Australia' in Perth, March 1954
- Radios and record players in Nicholson’s window display for the 1954 Royal Visit
- Decorative street lighting for 1962 Royal Visit and the Empire and Commonwealth Games
- The 1963 royal visit to Perth
- Queen Elizabeth II at an Investiture Ceremony in the Government House Ballroom 7 October 1981
- Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh leave Perth, 9 October 1981
- Queen Elizabeth II officially reopening Forrest Place after a major refurbishment, 1988.
- Queen Elizabeth II arrives in Perth for CHOGM, 28 October 2011
List of ephemera items related to the 1963 Royal Visit.
List of maps and plans relating to the Royal Visit of Queen Elizabeth II, to Western Australia, 26 March to 1 April 1954.
Physical photos yet to be digitised which you can request to view in the Leah Jane Cohen Reading Room.
- A street in Perth with decorations for the royal visit of Queen Elizabeth II who is just visible in the back of a car
- Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip visit Western Australia, 1954
- Royal Visit, 1977 and Big Bell Gold Mine, 1937
- The Big Aussie Barbecue, the final event of CHOGM, on The Esplanade, Perth, 30 October 2011