Pearl Divers & Pearlers
Pearl Diver 1910
- ACC 1352/42: Broome Courthouse. Pearl Divers Licence Register 1913-1960
Date of issue of licence, to whom issued, number of licence, place of business are provided.
- AU WA S4451 cons1774 1: Department of Fisheries and Wildlife. Index of Pearl Divers' Licences 1917-1921
Alphabetical - name and licence number only are provided.
- AU WA S4450 cons1775 1-3: Department of Fisheries and Wildlife. Registers of Pearl Divers' Licences 1921-1925, 1929-1938, 1938-1975
Provides date of issue of licence, number of licence, name and nationality.
- AU WA S4450 cons1775 4: Department of Fisheries and Wildlife. Register of Divers' Tenders 1923-1926
Date of issue of licence, number of licence, name and nationality are provided.
- AU WA S4791 cons366 1-19: Cossack Police Station. Occurrence Books 1879-1915
Up to 1895 names of all crew and divers of pearling schooners provided (see AN 5/Stations for listing).
- AU WA S1142 cons974 4: Department of Fisheries and Wildlife. Shark Bay Pearl Shell Area Licences 1910-1914
Provides name of licensee, details of licence and map showing licence area.
These records are especially useful for finding the names of Aboriginal people and people of Asian origin.
Also see heading Pearl Divers in Private Archives.