The main series of state and local Electoral Rolls commence in 1904 (a description of these can be found in the section Serials Useful for Genealogical Research). However, there is also a series of electoral rolls on microfilm comprising Accessions 63-64, 262, 591, 859-864, 1142/82 and 1369. They cover Albany, De Grey, Moore, New Norcia, Northam, Toodyay and West Perth (Legislative Assembly); East Province (Beverley, Canning, Moore, Northam and Toodyay Divisions), De Grey, Fremantle, Geraldton, Perth, Pinjarra, South Vasse (Legislative Council) and Goomalling, Toodyay and York (Municipalities). The date range is 1870-1900, but none of the districts mentioned above is covered for the entire period.
Other electoral rolls (state or local) are held by the State Records Office and these have been described below. Those prior to 1904 will not be found elsewhere, but there is a possibility that post-1904 rolls will also be held in bound, printed form. Manuscript electoral rolls generally give name, place of abode and voting qualifications, but this is restricted to men as women voted for the first time in Western Australia in 1900.
- AU WA S2792 CONS 2645/1-9: Shire of Boulder. Municipal Electoral Rolls. Pre 1899-1907
Electoral Lists of the Municipality of Boulder, Town of Boulder and the Shire of Boulder. Listings show voter’s name, address, lot no, description and situation, owner/occupier, ratable land, number of votes, value at which land is assessed.
- ACC 3276: Collie Road Board. Electoral Rolls 1906-11; Voters Lists 1902, 1904, 1906, 1907
- ACC 786/54: Cue Courthouse. Electoral Roll 1907-1908
- AU WA S1091 CONS 4717/1: Electoral rolls of voters for the Darling Range Road Board District 1929 (Lesmurdie Ward)
Shows number, voter’s name and address, description and situation of rateable land, owner or occupier, value at which land is assessed, number of votes.
- ACC 1386/243: Perth Courthouse. East Perth Electoral Roll 1895
- ACC 3300/3: Perth Police Court. East Perth Electoral Rolls 1890, 1891, 1895
- ACC 1277/Box 6: Geraldton Courthouse. Electoral Rolls 1890-1897
- AU WA S2792 CONS 2645/12-15: Electoral lists of the Kalgoorlie Road District and the Shire of Kalgoorlie 1959-1968
Listings show voter’s name, address, lot number, description and situation, owner/occupier, ratable land, number of votes, value at which land is assessed.
- ACC 786/55: Cue Courthouse. Nannine Electoral Roll 1895
- ACC 3300/1: Perth Police Court. Perth Electoral Rolls 1868, 1880, 1890, 1891
- ACC 772: Quairading Road Board. Electoral Rolls 1933-1934
- CONS 594/4/7: Resident Magistrate Busselton. Sussex District Legislative Council Electoral Rolls 1877, 1879-1880, 1884-1885, 1888-1890
- CONS 4680/1-12: Sussex Road Board. Electoral Rolls 1941-1946
Lists of "persons appearing to be entitled to vote at an election of members of the Board". Gives name, address, description and situation of land, whether owner or occupier, value of land, number of votes.
- ACC 422/79: Toodyay Police Station. List of electors registered in the Toodyay district 1870-1875
- ACC 3300/2: Perth Police Court. West Perth Electoral Rolls 1890, 1891
- ACC 711: Legislative Assembly. Williams District Electoral Rolls 1905, 1908
- AU WA S1104 CONS 4705/1-2: Electoral rolls for the Wiluna road district 1941-1944
Shows voter's name, address and lot number.