Grave of James Paxton Karrakatta 1950
Cemetery records are useful for locating deaths in certain areas. The records listed in this section are mainly Cemetery Board records as distinct from listings of headstones compiled by various members of FamilyHistoryWA (Western Australian Genealogical Society). For more information please see PR 2640 and the FamilyHistoryWA Indexes
Burial registers can contain information such as dates of burial and death, name, age, last residence, occupation, by whom ceremony performed, cause of death, religion, undertaker, location in cemetery, number of grave and allotment.
- AU WA S1026 CONS 4620/1-2: Shire of Busselton. Applications for order of burial 1939-1944, 1961-1964
- AU WA S863 CONS 4477/1: Shire of Coolgardie. Register of Burials in Coolgardie Cemetery 1894-1991
Details given include number (a running number is allocated to each entry in the register), date of burial, name, age, late residence, occupation, by whom ceremony performed, disease, denomination, location in cemetery, remarks (between 1895-1903 the undertaker's name was given in this column).
- AU WA S733 CONS 4291/1: Derby Cemetery Trustees. Register of Burials in Derby Cemetery 1909-1972
Shows burial number, name of person buried, denomination, age, where born, last place of abode, cause of death, date of burial, by whom ceremony performed, number, situation and depth of grave, undertaker.
- AU WA S733 CONS 4023/1-2: Geraldton Cemetery Board. Registers of Burials in Geraldton Cemetery 1930-1990
They show tablet number, name, address, age, date, location in cemetery, denomination, officiating minister, undertaker, permit number and remarks (such as returned soldier, Aboriginal person, still-born). In Volume 1, following page 119, extra pages have been inserted to continue entries from May 1963-1967. These inserted entries are repeated in Volume 2. Folios 122-137 of Volume 1 document the register of grants 1948-1958 showing name, grant number, location. Folios 120-121 are missing so the register begins with number 65. There is a loose leaf photocopy of a plan of the cemetery at the front of Volume 1.
- AU WA S772 CONS 4416/1: Geraldton Cemetery Board. Index to Geraldton Burials Register 1930-1990
Entries are arranged alphabetically showing name of deceased and burial registration number. The registration number corresponds with entries in the Burial Registers.
- ACC 1288/3: Greenmount Road Board. Cemetery Register
- AU WA S873 CONS 4523/1: Kelmscott District Cemetery Board. Register of Burials in Kelmscott 1907-1937
Only 10 names listed – gives full name, date and religion of person buried.
- AU WA S448 CONS 3916/1: Upper Preston Cemetery Board. Burial Register 1902-1990
Photocopies of original register. Details given include date, name, last place of residence, occupation, cause of death and religious denomination.
- AU WA S958 CONS 4599/1: Shire of Wiluna. Burial Register 1898-1992
This can give number, name, age, last place of abode, place where death occurred, date when death occurred, date of burial, name of person officiating at the ceremony, denominational ground, depth of grave, any previous burials in grave, undertaker's name.