About Studio 001
Are you a budding researcher, working on a creative project, applying for a grant, developing a start-up business, or trying to move your idea off the ground?
Studio 001 is a co-working space for knowledge seekers, creative thinkers and start-up enthusiasts from all fields, where you can collaborate, experiment, design and engage with the community in an accessible Northbridge location. Draw on the State Library’s unique collections, online resources and services to support your research and stimulate curiosity and creativity.
Individuals and groups are invited to apply. Use of the Studio is free for registered users for 3 month booking periods. Extensions may be offered at the Library’s discretion.
Studio 001 offers:
- 10 individual workspaces
- Free WiFi
- Free access to Adobe Creative Cloud – 3 iMacs available
- Conference table
- Mobile 55” touch screen display (vertical and horizontal applications)
- Lounge area with tea and coffee station ( BYO consumables)
- Conference table
- White board
- Discounts on State Library venue hire.
The Studio is available to registered users during State Library opening hours:
If you have any questions about the Studio or bookings, please email Studio001@slwa.wa.gov.au.
Terms and conditions
All users of Studio 001 at the State Library of Western Australia must agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- The State Library requests a description of the nature of the work or project being undertaken and how they anticipate using and sharing the State Library’s resources to stimulate research, creativity or curiosity, during a user’s registration period. This information may be used for promotional purposes.
- Users agree to participate in or present workshops or information sessions for community members and/or State Library staff or partner organisations during their registration period as part of advertised official State Library programs or events. This will include a suggestion for their session topic and proposed delivery date.
- Studio 001 cannot be used for programs or functions where participants are required to pay to attend.
- Studio 001 user bookings are offered on a fixed-term basis for a period of 3 months. Extensions may be offered at the State Library’s discretion, taking into consideration the nature of the work or project and availability.
- Workspaces are allocated on an individual basis and registration is not transferable.
- Use of the workspace is available at the discretion of the State Library within opening hours.
- Studio 001 may not be available to users at certain times due to exclusive bookings or other State Library events.
- A Studio 001 user’s period of occupancy may be terminated prior to the end date, at the State Library’s discretion.
- Users acknowledge and comply with the Library Use Policy while using Studio 001. Users who fail to do so may have their registration cancelled.
- Users treat Library staff and other Library clients with courtesy and respect. Users who fail to do so may have their registration cancelled.
- Facilities are to be used in a responsible manner, taking into consideration the laws on copyright, privacy, harassment and libel. Users who fail to do so may have their registration cancelled.
- Users acknowledge that due to the shared nature of Studio 001, sensitive information may sometimes be overheard, and you agree to respect the privacy and confidentiality of others in such circumstances.
- The State Library accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of personal items. Personal items must not be left in Studio 001 at any time.
- The State Library accepts no responsibility for deletion or alteration of data, files or intellectual property that is stored on State Library devices.
- Key to Studio 001 must be signed in and out by the registered user each day.
- Before accessing Studio 001 all users will complete an induction with a Library staff member.