Find it @ the Library
What can be found at the State Library? What treasures does it hold? Embark on a journey of discovery on this guided tour that introduces students to the collections and services of the State Library.
Visit the Battye Library to explore the State Library’s collections of newspapers, photographs, maps and ephemeral items. Find out what the Library’s collections can tell us about life in the past. Next, The Story Place and learn about storytelling, the services available for younger students and engage in an exhibition specially curated for children. Finish your visit with a special story from one of our Education Officers.
- Engage with primary source materials.
- Understand the role of the Library in preserving stories from the past.
- Compare and contrast items from the past and the present.
- Gain an understanding of the role of libraries in the local community.
HaSS (Geography and History)
- Skills: (VCGGC001), (VCGGC002), (VCGGC003), (VCHHC004), (VCHHC017), (VCHHC028), (VCHHC030)
Bookings are essential for all guided school visits. If you would like to book a guided experience for your students, complete a booking request form, call 9427 3202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All guided visits are free of charge.