Terms and Conditions
- Respect Library property and refrain from damaging or modifying equipment, software, or data belonging to the Library, including computer network security.
- Respect other users of the service.
- Only download files to own external drives. The Library takes no responsibility for data altered or deleted on external drives through the public network.
- Refrain from intentionally accessing material that is offensive or objectionable to other members of the public or staff. The Library has a duty under the Western Australian State Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Enforcement Act 1996 and the Commonwealth Broadcasting Services Act 1992 to ensure that material of this nature is not displayed in the Library.
- Use Library facilities appropriately and comply with staff directives on the use of Library services. All Library facilities are to be used in a responsible manner, taking into consideration the laws on copyright, privacy, harassment and libel. Clients who fail to do so may have their access privileges removed.
- Understand that the Library reserves the right to monitor and log the use of computers.
- Understand that the internet services provided are secure as far as reasonably practical. The Library has no control over the accuracy, authority, timeliness or usefulness of the information accessed on the internet, and will not be liable for any damages related to the use of the information accessed.
- Acknowledge that the Library cannot guarantee more than a single computer booking session. Please log out after you have finished. The Library will not be liable for any data loss or damages related to clients not finalising, saving their data and logging out before the end of each booked computer session.
- Acknowledge that staff cannot give immigration or legal advice.
Last updated on: 17 July 2020