COVID-19 Registration mandatory at the State Library from 5 December
The Western Australian Government has announced that mandatory contact registers at relevant businesses and venues will be introduced from 5 December 2020. Maintaining a contact register is an extra safety measure and one of the most effective ways to control the spread of COVID-19.
Businesses or venues required to keep a contact register, will include:
- Food and licenced venues (restaurants, cafés, bars, pubs, taverns, nightclubs)
- Gyms, indoor sporting centres and pools
- Places of worship and funeral parlours
- Beauty and personal care services including hairdressers and barbers
- Galleries and museums
- Cinemas, theatres and other entertainment venues
- Auction houses and real estate inspections
- Community facilities, libraries and halls
- Zoos and amusement parks
- Function centres
- Accommodation facilities that already have check-in arrangements in place (i.e. hostels, hotels, large camp grounds)
To assist businesses, the State Government has released a free, safe and secure app called SafeWA. Endorsed by the Department of Health, the app provides businesses and venues a unique QR code for patrons to scan to register their attendance.
Data will be encrypted at the point of capture, stored securely and only be accessible by authorised Department of Health contact tracing personnel should COVID-19 tracing be needed. This means the Department of Health can “trace” quicker and keep people safe.
SafeWA can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play, giving businesses and venues, who choose to use the app, time to implement the digital contact register system for Saturday, 5 December 2020.
The use of the SafeWA app is not mandatory but is encouraged. You will also have the option of manually registering.
Businesses will record the name, telephone number, location, date and arrival time of patrons and keep that information for 28 days. Any person who attends a business or venue, other than for take-away, will be required to register their contact details. This includes patrons, staff, volunteers and contractors.
Learn more at WA.gov.au
Will I have to register every time I enter the Library even if I am just going out for a short time? Yes. To make entry quick and easy, we recommend using the SafeWA app.