Discounts for State Library Venue Hire
This document defines the discount granted on fees for the hire of State Library venues, equipment, and facilities.
This policy covers the conditions for the granting of discounts for the hire of State Library venues, equipment and facilities.
The State Library provides a variety of venues, equipment and facilities for hire on a commercial basis (as per the Venue Hire Policy) both during opening hours as well as after hours, seven days a week. Discounts may be applied to certain categories of client.
Discounts or the waiving of public order fees for researchers and media outlets are not covered by this policy; these discounts are at the discretion of Director, Community Learning and Discovery.
The State Library does not operate the Discovery Store and First Edition Café and any discount offered is at the discretion of the operator.
4. Policy Statement
It is the policy of the Library Board of Western Australia that the following discounts may apply to State Library venue clients:
Free use of venues:
- Tertiary educational or professional organisations (including ALIA and Friends of Battye) directly associated with the State Library and its core business.
10 per cent discount on hire of venues:
- All Government Departments and Agencies; and
- Any not-for-profit organisation (charities, non-profits, NGOs, private voluntary and community organisations – i.e. that do not make profits for private gain).
In relation to discounted venue hire:
- No discount is offered on associated equipment hire; and
- Any decision to offer a discount will consider whether an entry charge is levied for the booked meeting or event.
Discounts for organisations that partner with the State Library to deliver programs and / or events are as per partnership agreements.
Non-payment of any charges by any individual, group or organisation, or unlawful or illegal activity in State Library venues will lead to the subsequent exclusion from hiring State Library venues.
Director, Strategic and Corporate Services:
- content and implementation of this policy; and
- final approval to waive or discount venue hire fees.
7. Authorisation and Review
Approved: December 2017
Last reviewed: May 2018