This document defines the hire and use of State Library venues, equipment and facilities.
This policy covers the terms and conditions for the hire of State Library venues, equipment and facilities.
The State Library provides a variety of venues, equipment and facilities for hire both during opening hours as well as after hours, seven days a week.
4. Policy Statement
- Any individual, group, organisation or member of staff is eligible to hire and use the State Library venues.
- Any decision to hire a venue for a meeting or event does not imply or warrant any support or approval by the State Library of the views expressed at such meetings or events or those who participate in them.
- Venues are hired on a commercial basis. Concessions may be applied to certain categories of client as determined by the ‘Discount Policy’.
- All venue hirers are encouraged not to use single use plastics and to only use environmentally friendly materials in the course of their booking.
- Non-payment of venue hire or equipment hire charges by any individual, group or organisation; breach of State Library policy; or unlawful or illegal activity will lead to subsequent exclusion from hiring State Library venues.
Director Strategic and Corporate Services (content and implementation)
Discounts for State Library Venue Hire Policy
7. Authorisation and Review
Approved: Library Board 5 August 2010
Review date: One year from Board approval
Reviewed: XTeam 20 January 2016 – endorsed with no changes
Reviewed: XTeam September 2019 – endorsed with changes
Approved: Library Board 7 November 2019
CIU File: 10/271