How to Enter
The 2020 Western Australian Premier’s Book Awards entry period closes on Monday 8 February 2021 at 5PM (WST). Late entries will not be accepted.
These awards are for books published between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020.
Before entering the Western Australian Premier’s Book Awards please ensure you have read the below Guidelines, Terms and Conditions carefully.
This year, following a consultation process with the Western Australian writing sector it has been decided that the eligibility criteria will remain the same as the 2019 Awards.
This means that:
- The Premier’s Book Award Writing for Children category is open to any children’s picture book with either the writer or illustrator being a Western Australian resident;
- In the event of a writer and illustrator creating the winning work, the prize money be split evenly; and
- That this eligibility criteria is also applied to any illustrated, co-written, edited or translated work nominated for the Premier’s Book Award Emerging Writer category.
Download the Guidelines, Terms and Conditions for:
- The Premier’s Prize for an Emerging Writer (215 KB PDF)
- The Premier’s Prize for Writing for Children (215 KB PDF)
- The Western Australian Writer’s Fellowship (225 KB PDF)