The State Library of Western Australia is pleased to be able to partner with community organisations and individuals on projects that benefit people across Western Australia. Through programing and partnerships, the State Library aims to reveal Western Australia’s rich history and stories, enable lifelong literacy and learning, and engage and inspire diverse communities.
If you are seeking a partnership with the State Library, please email email@example.com to request an application form. Please include the following information in your email:
- brief summary of the project you are proposing
- brief overview of how the State Library would be involved
- proposed timeframe for the partnership
- brief description of the potential outcomes from the project, as well as any commercial aspects
A State Library staff member will respond to you within five working days.
Once an application form is submitted, the assessment process can take up to two months while a committee considers the proposal. State Library staff may contact you during the assessment process to request additional information. As part of the assessment, the committee considers how the proposal aligns with the State Library’s strategic focus, the benefits and value for the Western Australian community and State Library, and the accuracy of budgeting, risk assessment, and scheduling.
Please be aware that the State Library of Western Australia is not a grant-funding body; the Library may only provide in-kind support for proposed projects. A proposal may be declined before application if:
- it comes from a commercial exhibitor or organisation
- the project does not align with State Library objectives, values, or planned interpretive themes
- the program is already at capacity or there is insufficient lead time.