The Library catalogue records will show whether a particular item can be found on the shelves in the public areas or needs to be requested from the stack areas. If you require an item which is stored in the Library stacks, you will need to provide details from your membership card to request the item via our online retrieval system. Retrievals from stack are undertaken every 30 minutes during opening hours.
Battye Library items are delivered to the 3rd floor.
Private archives, as well as rare, old or valuable items are delivered to the archives viewing room: The Leah Jane Cohen Reading Room on the 3rd floor.
First and second floor items are delivered for you to collect from the first floor "Retrievals" shelf on the north wall of the first floor.
Online retrieval system
This system allows you to request items to be brought out from the stack areas.
Here's how to place an online request:
- Search the catalogue of the State Library of Western Australia for the item you need.
- From the Library catalogue record click the "retrievals" button at the top of the page.
- Enter details from your State Library membership card on the request screen.
- Enter details of the item being requested.
- You will receive a confirmation message: "Your request was successful".
- Requested items are retrieved on the half hour and available for collection.
Items stored in the State Library stacks are retrieved every half hour at the times shown below.
- Monday to Thursday 9.30am to 7.30pm
- Friday 9.30am to 5.00pm
- Saturday and Sunday 10.30am, 11.00am, 11.30am, 12pm, 1pm and on the half hour to 5.00pm
Page last updated: Thursday 4 September 2014